Tomorrow is the Summer Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere. Don’t miss this opportunity to harness the energy of the day to set your intentions for the coming season and beyond. This day marks the longest day of the year and celebrates the light of the sun that sustains us.
This Universe has infinite possibilities for you.
Current solstice energies support moving beyond limiting beliefs and opening up to the infinite possibilities that this Universe offers. There is a softening energy that allows for an understanding of what you do and don’t want in your life. It’s time to tell your fears that they can’t control you. Be adventurous and do something different and new!
Your heart and emotions know the way.
Where can you look for the answers if they are not clear? Your heart and emotions are intuitive guides.
Accept what is.
This is a time of letting go so that you can make room for the wonderful new. I encourage you to release expectations and judgments about what is shifting in your life. Remember, we never know at the moment what the gift of the experience may be.
Take care of yourself.
If you are experiencing a lot of change, tiredness, or emotions, take some time for self-care. Rest, meditate, spend time in nature, dance. Whatever soothes your soul.
Journaling prompts to support your highest solstice experience.
Consider this Summer Solstice ritual and reflection exercise to solidify your intended path.
- Spend a few minutes in quiet meditation, focusing on your breath, breathing slowly with long inhales and exhales. Notice the air coming in through your nostrils and exiting your mouth. When ready, allow your breathing to return to its normal cadence.
- Move your attention to your heart space, spending a few moments there just breathing and feeling into your heart. Know in your heart that Spirit supports you and your desires. Offer gratitude for its guidance and life-sustaining energy.
- Ask your heart, “What can I let go of to allow for more space in my life? What is not working?” Really listen. This is not the time to figure out the “how”. It is a time to just know. Write down what comes to you. Keep writing and ruminating until it feels complete.
- Now, ask your heart, “What brings me joy? What makes me smile and laugh? What gets me excited?” Sit in the quiet until it becomes clear. Again, no need to figure out how this desire will manifest, just know. Jot down your inspirations and insights. Remember that you are a unique expression of the Divine. As a child of God, you are here to shine your light and celebrate your life. When you shine, it gives others permission to do the same – so don’t hide it!
- Create an affirmation and find a touchstone or picture that supports your yearning. State your affirmation out loud and place your touchstone or picture somewhere that you will see every day, reminding you of your vision for your future. Post your affirmation where prominently so that you are prompted to repeat it several times a day.
- One more time, go back to your precious heart and ask, “What can I do today that will bring me a step toward my desires?” It can be big or small. If you are unsure, commit to coming back to this question every day until it is clear. You have declared your intention and the Universe is obliged to carry it out.
- Offer gratitude to your Higher Self for its support and love and imagine your desire coming true. Feel gratitude for it as if it were here today. Bow to the sun, acknowledging its gifts.
Join us for a supportive solstice journey.
I’d love to further support you in your solstice ruminations. Please join us tomorrow at 7:00 am to welcome in the season and celebrate the longest day of the year. Brienne Brown will offer yoga from 7:00-8:00, I will offer a short meditation from 8:00-8:15, and Katy Wimer will lead us in a journaling and reflection exercise. See this link for more information. This is all free! No need to register. Just show up and enjoy at Cravath Lakefront Park in Whitewater, Wisconsin. Bring a yoga mat, a journal, and a pen. Hope to see you there!